Thursday, February 12, 2009

Debt is Going Down!

My credit card debt is coming down! It now stands at $4140! I am very excited to be below $5000 and I should be able to get below $4000 by the end of the month. Maybe a payoff of July is possible :).
Tracking my spending is still fun. I'm going to check my spending percentages in each category at the end of the month to see if my spending is in balance with what Dave and other financial gurus recommend. I don't want to be obsessed with spending, although I must confess that I am right now. My goal is to get a workable system in place, and then move my energy to other hobbies.
On another note, I mistakenly deleted my blog roll on Sunday. I'm slowly building it back up. If you see that your blog is missing from my blog list, please leave me a comment so I can add it!

9 comments:

D and D said...

Great Job! Keep up the work...just imagine how it feel when you are down to 0!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-fantastic news my dear, getting debt under certain amounts is so motivational, keep up the excellent work!

jpkittie said...

that is awesome!!! congrats! :)

Debt Dieter said...

Congratulations on hitting such an important milestone, it's must be so exciting to be so close!

Feel free to include me on your blogroll, I've got a lot longer to go on my own debt pay off journey.

Sharon said...

It's always nice to see debt go down and savings go up! You are doing great!!

Shopping Ethically said...

WooHoo, RTC!!! What progress! Sometimes making progress makes us obsessed, but it's better than the alternative.

Jolie said...

You are hitting that debt methodically and that is the best way to go. It's such a rush, isn't it?

Shtinkykat said...

Oh wow! It must feel great to see the finish line so close. Keep up the awesome work!

Miss M said...

Congratulations on your success and progress. Debt free by summer sounds awesome, I hope you can make that goal.