Monday, January 19, 2009

Thriving on Less: Simplifying in a Tough Economy

Leo Babuta at Zen Habits has a free e-book called Thriving on Less. A quick glance at the table of contents shows that the book contains insight into finding your path to intentional living and financial peace.



Table of Contents
Introduction


1. A Simple Lifestyle

2. Focus on the Essentials

3. Thriving on Less, Not Struggling

4. Focusing on Enough, Not More

5. Make Small Financial Changes First

6. Look at Large Expenses for the Long Term

7. Changing Your Spending Habits

8. A Guide to Getting Out of Debt

9. Tools for a Frugal Life

10. Resources



I recommend downloading and reading the book. It's only 27 pages and will encourage you perhaps remind you of some principle or incentive that you haven't been paying much attention to.

Two reminders that I'm going to implement are deliberately rewarding myself for reaching goals and making a 30-day list to cut down on impulse buying.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely going to download it!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-thanks so much for the tip, I've just downloaded it and look forward to reading it!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to take a look. This looks like my personal philosophy with being frugal so I look forward to reading what he has to say. THanks!