Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Goals

My SMART goals for 2009:

Financial:
  1. Pay off credit cards ($6000) by July1. Plan: pay $900/ month x 6 + $600 from Job 2.

  2. Have an emergency fund with two months living expenses by Dec. 31, 2009. $600 x 6

  3. Start sinking funds for next car and house expenses. Still working on details-$110/month right now.
  4. Use YNAB to track spending and budget. Update weekly.

Personal:

  1. Work out or walk 2x a week.
  2. Walk dog every day.
  3. Recommit to morning and evening Flylady routines to reduce mental clutter.
  4. Attend a Bible study.
  5. Act on my interests and learn something new--possibilities are astronomy club or Master Gardener

House

  1. Make a planned project for each month to improve the house. Projects include: painting the kitchen, my bedroom, 2nd bedroom, refinish wood floors, make steps to the river, new bathroom floor and tub walls.

  2. Start a compost bin and plant a garden.

These goals are a work in progress, but it feels good to have a direction to start 2009.

10 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-these are great goals and hopefully acheivable too! best of luck and lets hope those credit cards get totally wiped away!!

Jolie said...

Those are very real, achievable goals. Good for you for getting them out there. Goals are more achievable when written down or shared. Don't forget to budget for the interest that will accrue on your credit cards until they are paid. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your goals look great! Good luck with them!

Ms. MoneyChat said...

great goals and action items. i always said goals without action items are nothing more than wishes. on your mark, get set, go!!!!

btw, what are YNAB and flylady routines?

Ms. MoneyChat said...

Disregard my question about YNAB. I now see that you did a wonderful post about it earlier.

jpkittie said...

Great goals!!!! I wish you the best of luck in accomplishing every one of them! (we will be here to cheer you on!)

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Great goals. I am still pondering on what I want to accomplish for 2009.

I also plan to work on personally learning something new for my interest only and working on house improvement projects, too.

You sound like you will be off to a good start for 2009. Have a Happy New Year's Eve!

RTC said...

Happy New Year and thank you for the comments and suggestions. It is good to have further input.
Thanks for the reminder about interest, Jolie. I will run the numbers through a debt snowball calculator after my bill comes out in Jan.
Ms. Money Chat, I added links to YNAB and Flylady. It was confusing.
I'm cheering for you guys, too!

J.S. said...

How inspiring!

Budget Mama said...

I love your goals! Good luck in 09 and Happy New Year.